Ages: Children Entering Kindergarten
The United Way Kindergarten Readiness program promotes optimal growth and development of preschool-aged children and facilitates a more successful transition into school. This program is spread out over 10 sessions and includes children’s programming that’s facilitated by early childhood educators as well as workshops for parents.
Children Will Learn:
- Classroom expectations
- Classroom routines
- Self-help and independence skills
- Communication and social skills
Parents Will Learn:
- School system expectations
- Healthy eating
- Separation strategies
- About available community resources and peer support networks
Additional Access Information:
This program is offered at various local schools.
- United Way Greater Toronto
For more information, please call 416-494-1579 ext. 4301 or fill out the form below.